Welcome To Otsego Lake Township
10584 OLD 27 SOUTH
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ON PROPOSED SPECIAL ASSESSMENT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a public hearing will be held before the Otsego Lake Township Board on the 2nd day of October, 2014, at 7:00 o’clock p.m. at the Otsego Lake Township Hall in Waters, Michigan.
The purpose of the hearing will be for the Township Board to meet and hear objections to the Plans for Special Assessment District No. 1. The said special assessment improvement is the disposal of waste and roadside collection and disposal of garbage and rubbish from residential premises in the township. The Plans, including an estimate of cost, are on file with the Township Clerk for public examination.
The description of the proposed special assessment district is the following:
All improved parcels of land within the township, the primary use of which is for residential purposes, whether or not actually being used for such purposes at any given time.
a) In the case of multiple family dwellings, such as apartments or duplexes, or in the case of more than one residential structure on a given parcel, each separate living unit shall be considered an assessable parcel.
b) Any new residential premises constructed or moved onto any property during the existence of the special assessment district will be assessed commencing when the construction or move is completed.
If your land is vacant, it will not be included within the special assessment district.
Lorraine Markovich, Clerk
989-732-6929, ext. 3
- For information on property taxes and payments, visit the BS&A web site at http://otsegolaketwp.is.bsasoftware.com. Click on "Create an Account" and follow the instructions.
- Tax assistance for senior citizens for 2014 will once again be offered on Mondays at 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., at the Otsego Lake Township Hall in Waters on the following dates. (If you have any questions please call the Otsego Lake Township Clerk at 732-6929, ext. 3)
March 10, 2014
March 24, 2014
April 14, 2014
OTSEGO LAKE TOWNSHIP
BOARD MEETINGS 2014
- All regular township board meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month beginning at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise posted.
- Board meeting dates for 2014 are as follows:
January 16, 2014 July 17, 2014
February 20, 2014 August 21, 2014
March 20, 2014 September 18, 2014*
April 17, 2014 October 16, 2014
May 15, 2014 November 20, 2014
June 19, 2014 December 18, 2014
- *Fire Department Special Assessment Hearing at 6:30 p.m.
Lorraine Markovich, Clerk
989-732-6929, ext 3
- The Otsego Lake Township Board is currently seeking individuals to serve on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, the Planning Commission, or the Board of Review. If you are interested go to the various web pages for an application or contact the Township Clerk
- The Otsego County Emergency Management / 911 has developed a Preparedness Guide for county residents to help prepare themselves for disasters such as: Severe Thunderstorms/Tornado, Hazardous Spills, and Severe Winter Storm/Blizzards. Click on the following link to view the guide. Preparing for Diaster